Saturday, September 24th 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Resurrection Lutheran Church, 100 W. Lochmere Dr. Cary, NC
We are assembling a team of parents, students, educators, community and members to share their knowledge and experience navigating the supports available to students to succeed in general education.
So join us for dynamic small group discussions around the topics of:
• IEP (Roles/Organizing)
• Study and Test Taking Skills
• Accessing Extracurricular activities; Developing Social Skills
• Accommodations and Modifications at School
EXTRAS: Resource Fair, Refreshments; No Childcare
Fall 2016 “Solutions for Supporting Your Unique Student” A Panel will discuss a variety of topics around our students who receive special education services through regular education with supports. Topics will include:
|IEP Our Roles and Getting and Staying Organized|
|Improving Study and Test Taking Skills|
|Accessing Extra-curricular activites; Developing Social Skills|
|Owning your Uniqueness: Empowering the Student|
|Accomodations and Modifications at School|
Spring 2017 “Choices & Changes: Transitions in School”
More info coming soon!
Lots of information at your finger tips!
SEAC Members Resource Fair Participants:
- Alliance of Disability Advocates
- Advocates for Inclusive Education
- The Arc of the Triangle
- BEGINNINGS For Parents of Children Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center [ECAC]
- GCF Family Support Services
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Wake Co. Chapter
- New Voices
- NC Assoc. for Parents of Children with Visual Impairments
- Triangle CHADD
- Triangle Down Syndrome Network
- Wake County Autism Society
- Wake PTA Special Education Inclusion Committee
Wake County Public Schools Resource Fair Participants
- Adapted PE
- Assistive Technology
- Hearing Impairment
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Special Transportation
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Visual Impairment
- Family & Community Connections
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
The 7th Annual SEAC Open House and Resource Fair will be held November 2, 2015.
We will have the same format as previous years with a resource fair of member agencies and school system departments as well as present our annual SEAC Awards.
2015-2016 Special Education Advisory Council Awards
It’s our way of saying “Thank you”!
Friend of an Exceptional Student Award & Inclusive Program or People Award
Looking for answers, check out the WCPSS Special Education Services pages– lots of good info. And phone numbers so you can track down whoever you are looking for!!!
Both have served as representative for their agency previously and they look forward to working with families and school staff to serve kids in Wake County.
Have a great summer! To keep in touch and ask your questions- find us on facebook!
Need information about transportation for your child?
Visit the Special Needs Transportation page on WCPSS website for more info!